Question Sony Bravia Core

podknocker

I don't have a TV at the moment. I want my next TV, to be my last really and I'm waiting for the new Sony A95K at 55" as the 65" would be impractical. I've seen Netflix are about to raise their prices, but I really want good quality streaming. Has anyone had experience of the Sony Bravia Core platform, where you stream decent res films, via the built in app? If it works OK and the quality and range of films is adequate, then I'd probably cancel my Netflix, although the new Sony TVs should also support this. I'm upgrading to a 5G router, in a few weeks, so the bandwidth should be OK. I've never seen the app and I've no idea how extensive the choice is.

manicm

Sony Bravia Core will provide streaming movies at the highest quality. It's adaptive according to your broadband speed, but to get the best out of it you'd want a 120mbps line, otherwise stick to Netflix 4K.

podknocker

I've always bought cheap TVs and they don't last. Had a cheap Sony, which broke 3 days out of warranty and it was 3 days before Christmas. Ended up buying a cheap 4k Toshiba panel and the picture was OK, but terrible backlight bleed and the blacks, were always dark grey. Dreadful. The worst thing about it, was the vertical optical output, where the weight and tension, of the cable, would make it fall out, because the socket in the TV became worn and I had to use superglue in the end. Hopefully, an expensive Sony will last a few years. I know the guys at my local Richer Sounds really well and I know their TVs have a 6 year warranty. I should think so, when dropping £2k or more on a TV. It might still have a vertical optical socket, but lower down, so most of the cable will be on my cabinet and 'supporting' the bit of cable that's stuck into the telly. Read some pre-release reviews of the A95K and it does seem impressive. I will use my trusty Sony 4k Blu Ray player with it and have all this connected to my Audiolab Omnia, now it appears to be working OK. Hopefully I can stream films via WIFI, from my new 5G router, when my 4G contract ends and it should be enough, for ages, hopefully. Not had a TV with bluetooth before, so I might use that for Spotify, instead of my other stuff. Lots of options, but I don't want a really complicated setup. It's a small living room and home theatre and surround is not an option. I'm not a fan of surround sound anyway. I just want perfect picture and top quality 2 channel stereo, for everything. Not had a TV for years and just watched stuff on the laptop, which is not ideal. If I can use Sony's streaming app and cancel Netflix, it will save a few quid. I still like discs, but 4k films are still really pricey.

Last edited:

Sham58

Jul 15, 2022
Visit site
Have a Sony with the Core , streaming not a problem , only thing choice is limited for me anyway a lot of Superhero and horror stuff, but watched Spiderman and picture was awesome

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts