Sony Blu Ray Player (BRP)S760 Multi region Blu Ray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody can some one give me some advice? I have recently brought the Sony S760 BRP it has been multi region enabled by Sony. However it is only the DVD side which is Multi- region. The Blu will not play region A (locked)blu ray discs as it is set for region B . Can somebody tell me if this can be fixed with a code or does it require a modification inside the player.

Regards

2niceday

A

Anonymous

Messing with it might invalidate your warranty, so be careful.

scene

I've got a Sony S760 MR. It is multi-region for DVD only, it is Region locked for Blu Ray. To change this would require a chip modification (i.e. modification inside the player) which would definitely invalidate your Sony warranty.

It may be possible to have the Blu Ray region changed, but this would be on a one-off basis, not as a user option...

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
The multi-region hack for DVD is very simple and does not void any warranty with Sony as all you are doing in proforming the hack is telling the player to accept regions 1-6 as technically all DVD players are mulit-region out of the box.

A Blu-Ray mod is a whole differant story and does require a fair bit of surgery and will definatly void any Sony warranty and is also not cheap but can be done on the S760. THESE PEOPLE can do it for you for about £200

TRENDING THREADS