Sony bdv e870 v new surround sound systems

Clive 2019

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Sony bdv 870 surround sound blu ray player. Can anyone tell me if it is worth upgrading to newer systems. In other words is there a big difference in sound 5.1 from my system which is 9 years old. I would probably upgrade to a similar set up but newer version if it were worthwhile. Also is a soundboard with atmosphere better than I already have?

Many thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi,

I have a Sony bdv 870 surround sound blu ray player. Can anyone tell me if it is worth upgrading to newer systems. In other words is there a big difference in sound 5.1 from my system which is 9 years old. I would probably upgrade to a similar set up but newer version if it were worthwhile. Also is a soundboard with atmosphere better than I already have?

Many thanks
If yours already does DTS master audio and Dolby true hd which I think it does and at a 1000 Watts there is only one system that I have seen that matches yours is the Sony BDV-4100 home cinema system for £280 at Amazon. But to be honest I don’t think you will gain much don’t get me wrong it’s a very good system but spec wise it only matches your system.

With the new sound bars and subwoofers you are looking at £800 minimum I think to get all your current soundtracks and the DTS X and Dolby Atmos soundtracks. Something like the Samsung q80r sound bar will do the job but that doesn’t have rear speakers you will have to go up to the Sony £1200 sound bar system for that or the Samsung Q90r sound bar with wireless sub and rear speakers. It’s a lot of money for what it is in my opinion. I have only heard the sound bars in the shops with DTS X and Dolby Atmos and I have to say I wasn’t impressed someone else might have a different view though.

I think you can do Bluetooth with your current system if you want that otherwise look at the Sony BDV4100 home cinema system.

D

Deleted member 2457

I have just got the Samsung Q70r Soundbar and subwoofer and it does do a lot of the soundtracks after all so I am changing my advice checked what soundbar you buy does what but I am saying yes now I think it will be an upgrade from Your existing Sony sound system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts