Sony BDP-S790 Blu ray Player - Noisy Operation.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I recently bought a BDP S790 bluray player and while the picture and sound are great the unit itself is quite noisy when playing the discs, much noisier than my old Sony DVD player was. I've read a couple of similar observations online about the S790 so is it just a common aspect of this model?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I havn't found my unit noisy except with the initial load up, but that is only to be expected with faster loading times. I did rest my remote control on the top of it once & it buzzed when loading, overall though i am very happy with it.

If it is noisy all the time i would suggest you ring the supplier & ask if they will take it back for an exchange if possible.

Regards ..

A

Anonymous

Papalazarou75 said:
Sony Players are known to be noisey, both the 380's i have are noisey as hell with some discs.

I suppose I'll get used to it, in time.

A

Anonymous

I haven't found mine to be particularly noisy, at all...

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
My BDP S770 is noiser playing Blurays than DVD's which I understand is due to disc speed, but it has been dramatically improved by putting 4 very soft wiring gromets under the feet.

A

Anonymous

motley said:
My BDP S770 is noiser playing Blurays than DVD's which I understand is due to disc speed, but it has been dramatically improved by putting 4 very soft wiring gromets under the feet.

Thanks for the info. I'll try experimenting with various items under the feet to see if they make a difference.

Papalazarou75

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
i put mine on 4 1 inch foam blocks,it certainly did help , not perfect but better ,just certain discs (mainly rental) were really noisey.

to be honest ,that player was cheap from argos £69 each so i was not too fussed - but the silience from the Panasonic is golden :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts