Sony BDP-S570 / S770 Multiregion for DVD

A

Anonymous

bigboss:

There are ways to make it multiregion for free using the Harmony remote. Check other forums for it.

One of the easiest ways is by this remote.

I made my S370 Multi region by using the harmony remote hack, it looks complicated, but is fairly simple and works a treat.

A

Anonymous

Is that remote on ebay safe looks a bit strange

Cant really afford the harmony right now.

EvertonMonkey:

Is that remote on ebay safe looks a bit strange
emotion-2.gif

Cant really afford the harmony right now.

Yes, it looks strange, but works perfectly fine. Look at seller's ratings.

A

Anonymous

Any of the harmony remotes would work ( an old 525 or something), and you could use it after as an all in one.

Failing that I'm sure the ones of ebay would work, I once bought one for my old panasonic BD30 and it worked.

But it may just be cheaper and easier to buy the MR version, if they still sell them (as I remember reading somewhere that Richer Sounds stopped selling the MR versions as the hacks don't work after software updates or something).

A

Anonymous

I hacked my s370 with a "all for all" kameleon i had lying about think any "one for all" will work providing it has a magic key was alot easier than the harmony IIRC and its still multi region after 2 firmware updates.

A

Anonymous

Well I ended up going for the Sony BDP-S770 and I think I got a fairly decent price in the end.

Got it from Comet for £279 but with the vat cash back offer from sony will get £41.70 back and also as I used quidco get 3% cashback on that which is another £8.40.

So in total, assuming I get all the cashback I got it for £229.89

A

Anonymous

got my BDP-S770 from USA. Multi-Region Blu-Ray & DVD
emotion-2.gif

Good times ahead!!

motley

Aug 15, 2008
Visit site
I have an S770 and purchased the hack off the auction site worked a treat and as is does 2 for that price split the cost with a mate!

A

Anonymous

Folks I have many European DVDs and I can't find the code for the BDPS-770.

Could somebody please point me in the right direction!

Thanks so much in advance!

cinemafan

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I have never understood why all blu ray players aren't multi-region? My cheap 5 or 6 year old Panasonic DVD recorder is and handles anything you put in it .....

Is the S770 blu-ray the cheapest Sony player with MR?

cinemafan:
I have never understood why all blu ray players aren't multi-region? My cheap 5 or 6 year old Panasonic DVD recorder is and handles anything you put in it .....

Is the S770 blu-ray the cheapest Sony player with MR?

Blu-ray players aren't multiregion for blu-rays because of the decision by the blu-ray disc association to fight piracy. Check this.

For DVDs, even older DVD players weren't all multiregion out of the box. You could make them multiregion by means of a remote hack.

You can even make the cheaper Sony S370 multiregion by the remote I've shown in the link in my previous post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts