Sony BDP-S550 Wi-Fi?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good evening

Can anyone help me? I have been trying to connect my S550 to my wireless internet (BT) router without much luck. I've connected a wifi bridge to the 550 but it won't find the router. So I've tried maually entering the IP address etc but still no luck.

As I've never done this before am I missing something? How exactly would my router allow access anyway as there does not appear to be any option to enter the wireless security key anywhere! Do I need something else to connect at the router end? I must admit that I've just come across this bridge in a box of old gear I found so might not even have the right gear!

Have connected via the LAN with success but now the router is in another room it's no longer possible without a LAN cable lying across the 2 rooms and being about 10m long!

Cheers

Paul

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for the info. I do have vista so maybe the Belkin isn't a good idea? If I did go with this is it simply plug and play? Why would having vista be a problem? Do I need to use my PC somehow during the setup? Is that perhaps why I wasn't successful with the bridge? Was I supposed to do something on the BT router to allow access or use my PC somehow?
emotion-43.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for the info. I do have vista so maybe the Belkin isn't a good idea? If I did go with this is it simply plug and play? Why would having vista be a problem? Do I need to use my PC somehow during the setup? Is that perhaps why I wasn't successful with the bridge? Was I supposed to do something on the BT router to allow access or use my PC somehow?
emotion-43.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi

emotion-43.gif

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi Paul, I had a similar problem with my PS3 and a BT HomeHub2. I Changed the chanel and it then found it fine. If you have a HomeHub2 it might be worth giving it a try before buying anything. To change the chanel, you need to access the Hub Manager.

Hope this Helps
emotion-15.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts