sony bdp s390 and catch up tv

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi there
Salesman in sony shop told me that this player has bbc i player, itv player, 4od, 5od and net fliy! Could someone who owns player confirm if it actually has all this catch up tv?
Many thanks!

Why don't you ask the salesman to show it to you?

According to Amazon page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-BDPS390-Wi-Fi-Disc-Player/dp/B006WL81TS

Access on demand services and catch-up TV including BBC iPlayer and Demand 5 from Sony Entertainment Network. Go on YouTube and watch your first attempts on a surfboard last summer. Watch the latest blockbuster films from Video Unlimited on pay per view and connect with friends and family on Facebook. There's also Netflix and Lovefilm for unlimited films and TV shows via their subscription services. There's even a BBC Sports app for simultaneous sporting events like Wimbledon, so you can watch the action on every court. All without a wire between you and the world wide web and controllable from just one remote and one Sony Entertainment Network portal. How simple is that.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Lebowski said:
hi there Salesman in sony shop told me that this player has bbc i player, itv player, 4od, 5od and net fliy! Could someone who owns player confirm if it actually has all this catch up tv? Many thanks!

Please tell me it wasn't a Sony Centre salesman! [Edit] Just realised you did say 'sony shop'. Sorry. Missed that.

I had a whole cart load of 'horse manure' about the BDP-S390 from them (my local branch) a couple of weeks ago, when I ended up buying it from Argos because I couldn't stand it any longer. (Same price, less ####.)

I have just checked mine.

It has... BBC iPlayer, Demand 5, Lovefilm, Youtube, Netflix, Sky News. (And a whole bunch of others that I've never heard of before and will probably never use.)

It does NOT have ITV Player or 4OD.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for your comments. Shame about itv player and 4od. I know the ps3 has them and was hopeful that the latest sony products would do likewise. Clearly so was the sony salesman i spoke with! Seems odd you can get them all online but not so easily on the latest blu ray players.

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with Netflix on BDP-S390 ?...Lovefilm, Sony Movies, BBC iplayer and other online channels run fine with no extra loading, long delays or crashes - but Netflix which seems to run occasionally fine but has also several times crashed (I had on/off the player), and at times has constantly needed to load parts of the movie while watching - sometimes loading really slowly or freezing while loading...The player is wired connetcted to the router and is only Netflix that suffers with this, my broadband is fine as nothing else seems to suffer inc Netflix also on my XB360 working fine which is connected wirelessly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts