SONY BDP-S380 & BDP-S480 bluray players review?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anybody tried the new bluray players from SONY BDP-S380 or the BDP-S480?
How do they compare against their last year models (BDP-S370 & BDP-S470)?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We've got the Sony BDP-S480 in for review - will be in a Group Test in our next issue (with subscribers from 5th May; in shops by 10th) against other 2011 players. Will also test it against last year's models to see how things have progressed....

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Because of your comment above I went and purchased the May copy for 11 pounds 75 pence (that's what we have to pay in Australia) to read the review.There was no review?? I could not check the magazine first because it was in a sealed cover.

Is it possible to provide correct information on when the review will be available?

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
You did not read the statement from Clare properly

Clare said "in our next issue (with subscribers from 5th May; in shops by 10th)"

The issue you want will have June on the cover.

Yep it's confusing but that's the way it works.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed - mags are always a month ahead (so they're still a 'current' date for the whole time they're on sale). Apologies I didn't specify that in earlier reply.

The good news is that the June issue will be the first to be available as a digital edition - same price and date availability worldwide. Should go on sale on Tuesday: we will have all the details up here, including links to buy, by Tuesday am.

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well the June copy arrived by post today and...confusion!
Is the 480 actually better than the 470?
It's got the five stars but with a few provisos so I'm really not sure,particularly as there are good discounts on the '70 range.

Then once that's sorted there is still the question of that pesky Panasonic that won the GT....!

A

Anonymous

Well, I have the Sony S480 and it's awesome, apparently not seems to be a good player by their cheap plastic construction, but all the features, like the menu, the image and sound quality and the design are very attractive.I have a little problem with the subtitles, when is was trying to watch mkv(blu-ray) movies on it

Well, I have the Sony S480 and it's awesome, apparently not seems to be a good player by their cheap plastic construction, but all the features, like the menu, the image and sound quality and the design are very attractive.

I have a little problem with the subtitles, when is was trying to watch .mkv movies on it, but I resolve the problem attaching them to the movie using the mkvmerge software. The image and sound quality of mkv movies are awesome to.

In my opinion it's a excelent BDP, with a good price. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts