Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Test it first: if it is better, wrap up your player and give it to your Dad
emotion-14.gif

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I can't bring myself to do it.

I never have to see the Sony playing if I don't eant to. I'd rather be ignorant than be cursing the fact that I overspent by 300

A

Anonymous

Why do they keep doing that, 99.99 then 180.00 then an hour later 99.99.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
canada16:
Why do they keep doing that, 99.99 then 180.00 then an hour later 99.99.

The big sites watch each others' prices and respond to deals - knowing that people will typically check out a few sites before buying.

It's like price ping-pong
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Ordered mine yesterday, for £99.99 i (and i dare say a hell of a lot of others!) couldn't resist! Any recommendations of any films/documentaries/concerts on blu ray that look particularly spectacular?

SteveR750

Blimey, what a player! I'm watching Avatar in standard def DVD and its mucg better than the Toshiba. Sounds good too!

I just wondered if its possible to play music from a laptop via the USB port? I have connected the stereo phono to my amp so potentially cold use the sony as a DAC, which would be perfectly adequate for the MP3 files I have got on my laptop.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750:Blimey, what a player! I'm watching Avatar in standard def DVD and its mucg better than the Toshiba. Sounds good too!
I just wondered if its possible to play music from a laptop via the USB port? I have connected the stereo phono to my amp so potentially cold use the sony as a DAC, which would be perfectly adequate for the MP3 files I have got on my laptop.

Got mine for £99.97 today from the nearest Tesco Extra store 7 miles away. (ring customer services on 0800 505555 first to check if your local store has it in stock, especially if you have to travel any distance).

Having enormous fun with it. I plugged it to my wireless base station with ethernet cable (for BBC iPlayer and Youtube etc.) and downloaded latest software. A few minutes later all set.

I have connected it to my Beresford DAC with optical cable - for audio - and HDMI to the telly. (Tesco also have 2 metre QED Profile Precision HDMI cables for £15 instead of £29 RRP.)

Oh yeah. It sounds good and picture quality is excellent, but then you all knew that already
emotion-1.gif

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Got mine for £99.99 from Amazon. Awesome. It's worth is as a BD player alone as it blows the old Sony 550 away; picture is sharper and smoother and sound is more controlled - more detailed but delivered in a smooth way also. If you can get this for £100 I now have to wonder what a £500 player is like!

PLUS has YouTube, iPlayer etc. Very cool.

Only complaint is that it can see my iMac is supposed to be able to stream music, photos and video etc from it but this doesn't work.

A criticism from others is that the buttons etc are a but flimsy and light weight - but I think this is a daft complaint as the unit is so slim there's no room for big robust buttons...

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
This looks like a cracking deal to me!! Couple of questions however:
Would it be noticeably better than the Panna BD-30 BD I have currently (bought it cheap when they first came out - and was originally a 5star product).
Secondly, it would be silly not to make use of the wireless 'extras'. I however note that the Sony dongle is about £70!! This can't be the only one that is compatible with the player surely? Although it would explain why the player is on the market for under £100!!!

Ronald Archiebald

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
PJ1200:This looks like a cracking deal to me!! Couple of questions however:

Would it be noticeably better than the Panna BD-30 BD I have currently (bought it cheap when they first came out - and was originally a 5star product).

YES.

Secondly, it would be silly not to make use of the wireless 'extras'. I however note that the Sony dongle is about £70!! This can't be the only one that is compatible with the player surely? Although it would explain why the player is on the market for under £100!!!

Get an ethernet cable instead for £3.00

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts