sony bdp s350 yamaha dsp-ax763

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi just after some advice on settings between the sony bdp s350 and yamaha amp.I have just set these up and tried playing batman begins and noticed that true hd is not lit up on the amp.Not sure what settings i need for this to happen any help would be greatly appreciated.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
What is showing on the amp? If it's LPCM then the Sony is decoding the HD sound onboard and sending it to the amp, you will be listening to HD sound.

There shoud be an info button on the remote which will display on the tv screen what sound you are listening to.

If you want the amp to decode the sound you need to go into the Sony settings and output the sound as 'bitstream'. You should then get the correct sound format displayed on the amp screen.

Either way you should be fine for HD sound.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the quick reply.i will make sure that the dvd is set to bitstream.cannot check on amp display at moment as 2 year old is watching thomas the tank and wont let me near it.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Ha ha

You may find the sound better if you let the amp decode the sound, or you may not! Best to have a play - to be honest you probably won't notice any difference.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Big Chris:Sounds silly, but did you select Dolby True HD from the audio menu on the disc?

I didn't think about the simple option!

and remember.... as the Sony dosen't decode onboard DTS-HD Master Audio you would need the Yamaha to decode this format.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
trigg:i will make sure that the dvd is set to bitstream
Just one other silly check - you are using the Blu-Ray copy, not the DVD...
emotion-1.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:trigg:i will make sure that the dvd is set to bitstream
Just one other silly check - you are using the Blu-Ray copy, not the DVD...
emotion-1.gif

LOL! That wouldn't be silly.......That'd be stupid.

:)

TRENDING THREADS