Sony announces new 4K projectors at IFA 2015

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
If a plasma or oled was the same size I think they would trump it but they are not and the scale does make things look more realistic.

I think technically the image is better on tv's than probs most projectors - better blacks, better contrast ratio, now all the brightness needed for HDR etc. PJ's move really nicely though from what I have seeb the Sony's are great for this again from what I have seen 40, 55 and above

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Just a little update - one of my many flaws is I dont have any patience so I have built a temporary screen until I get my proper one - this will allow me to do some testing etc while I wait.

I used the same cloth material built 2 uprights with bases then stapled the material between them, with a small amount on tension and framed the screen with black duct tape. To get a bit more tension I have taped the top to the ceiling.

Its terrible but its mobile and I can at least watch the PJ.

20150910_204455_zpshqd8scrx.jpg

Its difficult to see what I have built in the pictures becuase I painted it black.

Today I have 99% covered the side walls in black velour - if you see the pic above then below whch was just about half way through. I will take a picture completed.

20150911_135738_zps2ivflcwz.jpg

Reason for this - , hugely improves contrast - this is clear as a day to me even using this crappy screen.

Also these photos show why - look how well the image is framed top bottom and sides and how below the table amp etc really stand out

20150911_190855_zpsrjpcqcrv.jpg

20150911_190904_zps4lnh8hxb.jpg

20150911_190907_zpsqllskquw.jpg

The pictures look better than the real thing atm - my phone camera Galaxy S6 doesnt pick up the screen material which is very visible on anything medium to light in colour - it makes the image look like its behind another cloth - which is killing it. Also I had the HDR setting on the phone camera set to auto and its highlighting certain parts of the image I think giving it more pop

These are a couple of pics I took this evening, I think it shows the potential of the PJ setup with the right room conditions - I am far from getting it this good atm - camera makes it look better but at the end of the day the camera can only photo whats there

20150911_213220_zpsaq1ajhg3.jpg

20150911_213359_zpsx9v2juyo.jpg

20150911_214017_zpsafemt6cf.jpg
Last one was with HDR set to off

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts