I have an old Sony STR-DB1070 with Sony Pascal SA-VE835ED 5.1 speakers. I am using an optical cable from my XBOX 360 Slim 250GB console going into the back of the receiver. My first issue is there is no sound from the speakers when the optical cable is put into the TV/SAT input, but I'm able to get sound when the optical cable is put into the MD/DAT input. The second issue is I only get sound on 2 speakers which are the front right and left. There is no sound coming from the others or the subwoofer. I've tried various settings on the receiver and nothing has worked. Can someone please help?

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
to make sure its set to output full Dolby Digital 5.1 and not just stereo.

Sorry but I'm not sure about why the amp will only accept sound from the MD/DAT and not the TV/SAT input, maybe that connection is faulty, can't be the cable because you wouldn't get sound from any input.

Page 18 of the online manual does mention an option for clearing the memory, this will reset all settings to the day it came out of the factory, worth a try if the amp has not been used for a while.

*music2*

I figured out why I wasn't receiving sound through TV/SAT. I didn't select the correct input and it should have been selected as Optical. As for the settings on the 360 I have Dolby Digital 5.1 selected. I'll have a look at the manual and will see what happens if I reset the settings. Thank you for you reply. I'll report back once I've reset the settings.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
that you can play through the 360 to see if you get any sound through all speakers.

also have you checked that the youtube content you are watching is outputting in 5.1 surround, most of it seems in just plain stereo to me.

*music2*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts