Sony 46W4000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
There are LOTs of glowing reviews for the Sony 42W4000 but I can't seem to find many at all for the 46" version.

is it the same great picture just bigger? is there any reason it doesn't seem to be reviewed as much?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The bigger sets simply came out later than the smaller ones, so we got review units more recently. There is a review of the Sony KDL-46W4000 in this week's issue - with subscribers already, in shops by tomorrow. Those reviews will be uploaded on the site in the next couple of weeks.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the info, i guess its a trip to whsmiths tomorrow to see how it compares :)

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
paulinskip:thanks for the info, i guess its a trip to whsmiths tomorrow to see how it compares :)

Slip me a tenner, and I'll tell you here & now.

;-)

A

Anonymous

Both the 40W4000 and the 52W4000 have been rated as 5 star by WHFI.

Wonder what the 46W4000 will receive, now let me guess....

A

Anonymous

well just read the reviews of this and the Phillips and Panasonic in the magazine and I'm now more confused than ever :(

the Sony delivers on clarity with a very slight bit of motion handling compared to the Panasonic.

The panasonic handles motion marginally better than the Sony but doesn't have the clarity

and the Phillips isn't as good as either of these on clarity or motion and is 4" smaller so thats the one they go for :(

My head hurts lol!!

The Phillips seems expensive for its size and inferior to both the other two sets :(

Bring back the old days when TV buying was easy!

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Paulinskip,

If i could just refer you back to the review in the magazine, we never say that the Philips isn't as good as the Sony or the Panasonic. Rather the opposite. We say the Freeview picture is sublime and overall, the TV "combines clarity cohesion and colour to great effect." It's great with motion too.If you really want a 46in TV then the Sony is a great choice, but the Philips set is cheaper (okay, it's a smaller screen) but the picture is so good, that size isn't really a major issue. And, you could always spend the money you save on a budget Blu-ray player. Coincidentally we're doing a budget Blu-ray player test in the issue we're working on now, out 18th Sept. I hope i've managed to clear a few things up.

ÿ

Taÿ

A

Anonymous

Quick question. Sony 40w4000 or panasonic pz80b? for use with blu ray and gaming?????

A

Anonymous

Andy Madden:
Hi Paulinskip,

If i could just refer you back to the review in the magazine, we never say that the Philips isn't as good as the Sony or the Panasonic. Rather the opposite. We say the Freeview picture is sublime and overall, the TV "combines clarity cohesion and colour to great effect." It's great with motion too.If you really want a 46in TV then the Sony is a great choice, but the Philips set is cheaper (okay, it's a smaller screen) but the picture is so good, that size isn't really a major issue. And, you could always spend the money you save on a budget Blu-ray player. Coincidentally we're doing a budget Blu-ray player test in the issue we're working on now, out 18th Sept. I hope i've managed to clear a few things up.

Ta

Did you mention in the latest issue problems with Judder on panning shots and that the TV (W4000) is only 50Hz?

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
We do say that you could argue that the Panasonic set has a firmer grip on motion, but the Sony's picture is clearer, sharper and has more punch. And, 50Hz is mentioned in the sony specifications although we should point out that just because a TV is 100Hz, this doesn't mean it automatically has a better picture...

A

Anonymous

just read the review of the 46w4000 and it sound like one of the best you can buy and the only problem with it is the slight motion judder! now ive been doing a bit of research and in september theres a new 46w4500 coming out. this is the same as the 4000 but has 100Hz motion flow technology on it. assuming that this works this would make the tv "perfect" and better than the pana as its got better clarity and picture and the pana was better for motion so with this added feature it would be the best choice for a 46"tv.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts