Sony 40 X3500

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello People

Are What Hi-Fi going to do a test on the Sony 40 X3500 version ?

I did see the review on the 46 version in Jan 08 edition

Has anybody from this Forum got one of these sets ?

A

Anonymous

I think there's a review on the HDTV Test website, and they're a lot more thorough IMO...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Axum"]
I think there's a review on the HDTV Test website, and they're a lot more thorough IMO...

[/quote]

Really? Don't they (HDTV) just copy and past 90% of the review when a model is reviewed in a different size and assume performance is almost identical? What HiFi don't make such an assumption...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
[quote user="JazzyG73"]What HiFi don't make such an assumption...[/quote]

We most certainly don't! We've often found that the performance of different screen sizes even in the same model range can vary enormously (Samsung sets spring to mind), so we only publish a review when we've tested the exact model in question.

As for the Sony 40X3500 yes, we'd love to test it, as soon as we can get one out of Sony (not always the easiest task).

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JazzyG73"][quote user="Axum"]

[/quote]

Really? Don't they (HDTV) just copy and past 90% of the review when a model is reviewed in a different size and assume performance is almost identical? What HiFi don't make such an assumption...

[/quote]

Err, no, don't think so, they reviewed this exact TV some time ago http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Sony-KDL40X3500/

I prefer the way they back things up with hard facts/criteria testing.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Axum's right - www.hdtvtest.co.uk (not to be confused with hdtvorg.co.uk) is the best site around for tv reviews (Sorry WHFS&V - I do like yours too). It can get a bit techie but that's because their testing process is so in-depth. The reason that there aren't many review up is because the guys who run the site often have to purchase the tvs in order to test them and then sell them on as second hand. It was an invaluable resource when I was researching which tv to buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts