Sony 3400es vs Denon 2809 vs Yamaha rxv1900

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking for a replacement AV amp for my Denon AVR3300. While doing some research on the net, I noticed that the price point (USA) for the 3 units are similar and presume that they are 'seen' to be equals.

Here in South Africa, the price points are hugely different - the Sony retails for approx R8500 while the Denon and Yamaha retails for approx R23000!.

While I personally prefer the Denon, audition of the 3 units have certainly not convinced me that the Denon or Yamaha is that much better to warrant a R14,500 premium.

What are your thoughts?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
MikPon:
I am looking for a replacement AV amp for my Denon AVR3300. While doing some research on the net, I noticed that the price point (USA) for the 3 units are similar and presume that they are 'seen' to be equals.

Here in South Africa, the price points are hugely different - the Sony retails for approx R8500 while the Denon and Yamaha retails for approx R23000!.

While I personally prefer the Denon, audition of the 3 units have certainly not convinced me that the Denon or Yamaha is that much better to warrant a R14,500 premium.

What are your thoughts?

I've listened to the Denon and my Sony 3400es is better. I've not heard the Yamaha but I reckon it would be a fair bit better than the other two.

TRENDING THREADS