sony 2400 and sky hd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi could anyone help me please having recently purchased the 2400 i set up sky hd via hdmi in the sat input,also xbox 360 via component in video 1 and optical the amp runs out via hdmi to the tv,the xbox gets 5.1 and the blue lights illuminates but theres no dd through hdmi only 2 channel linnear pcm,ive read about earlier versions of the amp needing an update but after reading in these forums i do have the extra photocopied panflet in the box the amp came in or could it be the hdmi cables i have do i have to have 1.3a latest versions its doing my head in any help would be appreciated thanks egg

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No problem - the Sky box doesn't output 5.1-channel DD through HDMI, only stereo. For surround (on those programmes offering it) you need the optical connection too, or electrical digital on some of the most recent Sky+HD boxes.

The problem the update fixed was that previously the receiver wouldn't actually let you select - or 'assign' - a different digital input if there was sound on the HDMI, which you need to do for Sky for the reason above.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts