Sonus Faber wich speaker cable

maranellofan

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi;

Having sold my previous main speakers - Mission 782, i now own a second hand Sonus Faber Concertino.
I have Kimber 4Tc speaker cable, but they are short -2x3,0 meters-, so i´m going to sell them, because i need - 2x5.0 meters -.

Since i prefer a more refined and warm kind of sound, wich speaker cable i should buy.
Does anybody knows, wich speaker cable Sonus faber uses in their tests?

Obs: My amplifier is a Rotel Rsx-1057.

Regards.

maranellofan

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Damn expensive those Yter
emotion-9.gif
... anything more earthling ?
emotion-2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
maranellofan:Damn expensive those Yter
emotion-9.gif
... anything more earthling ?
emotion-2.gif

Sonus faber are not exactly 'budget' speakers.

Even second-hand Ferarris need premium grade tyres.

A

Anonymous

I'm using NACA5s at the moment with my Minimas. Mind you, I'm the wrong person to tell you anything about cables.

Nice speakers, the Concertinos, by the way, and you'll find they should go well with your amp.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Tarquinh:

I'm using NACA5s at the moment with my Minimas. Mind you, I'm the wrong person to tell you anything about cables.

Nice speakers, the Concertinos, by the way, and you'll find they should go well with your amp.

Yes, you are
emotion-16.gif

John Duncan

I'm a fan of buying the very best cable you can afford to let your kit reveal it's natural character without strangling it. I wouldn't buy cable to make the sound of your kit "warm and refined", for example - you should buy components that do that.

So set a budget, and buy the cable that fits that budget (and which looks nicest and fits your single wire/biwire requirements blah blah).

With your kit, though, you should consider something like QED Revelation or Chord Odyssey as a minimum. With either of those in tow, any deficiencies in your sound are down to your amp or speakers...

A

Anonymous

I have the same speakers as you .Ive had them for about 13 years now got them when they first came out ,the speaker cable iam using is an old one as well its a cable talk 4 biwire with airlock plugs at 4m in length and sound fabulous ,like you i like a warmer sound and using the cabletalk4 is a warm sounding cable but i find that the air and clean treble of the sonus cuts through the warmer midrange of the speaker to give it a nice balence without sounding too crisp and also compliments the bass keeping it fast and tight but i would recomend a good quality sub just to get those low frequncies in tune but use it sparringly

hope this helps

Tony

maranellofan:

Hi;

Having sold my previous main speakers - Mission 782, i now own a second hand Sonus Faber Concertino.
I have Kimber 4Tc speaker cable, but they are short -2x3,0 meters-, so iïm going to sell them, because i need - 2x5.0 meters -.

Since i prefer a more refined and warm kind of sound, wich speaker cable i should buy.
Does anybody knows, wich speaker cable Sonus faber uses in their tests?

Obs: My amplifier is a Rotel Rsx-1057.

Regards.

Hi mf

Please consider Van Den Hul cables as they'll give you the presentation that you seek.

From what i understand one of the makes of cables Sonus Faber prefer is that from Van Den Hul. In fact (AJ Van Den Hul himself told me) the VDH The Wind speaker cable was developed for SF at their request so as to be used in some of their speakers.

Btw, VDH also cables work very well with Rotel amplifiers (believe me as i've sold plenty of Rotel components to know this
emotion-5.gif
).

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We can all recommend as many manufacturers as we like, but as only you yourself know exactly what you want to hear, a home loan of the cables recommended is a must. Whatever the individual characteristics of these cables, sometimes different results can be achieved in different systems. Audioquest was a prime example of this.

It's also worth trying a couple of Nordost models, which may not be quite as smooth as some, but will retain detail and some life - the danger of going for smoother, warmer sounding cables is that 'tightness' can be compromised, affecting perceived pace and speed, and leading edge definition can be lost, losing ultimate detail.

A

Anonymous

Hi There, I had inima Amator for 13 year and recently paired with Melody valve amp KT88 and Cayin Valve CD player. I used Transparent speaker cable and Cardas IC in the past. I just bought Artisan Silver IC on line, which gives me whole new experience of sound stage, clarity and more details but does not sound harsh at all. I like this netual IC, although I have been a sucker of tube's dusk sound, I still feel suprised of how netual and emotional this cable presents. Having said that, it dose sound cripier and lighter with my familiar vocals, which drag me out of the musical side a little bit. Wait for the 50hrs burn in finish to see how it sounds. Forgot to mention, the bass is extremly good after the change.

I am waiting for Auditorium 23 speaker cable, hopefully the auditon could be around NY, cant wait...

A

Anonymous

I wasn't sure from your posting if you like the Kimber cable you already have, but need longer, or ALSO feel you want a change in emphasis on the sound!?

If you basically like it, then why not go further up the Kimber range, to 8TC for example - it will give you more music, detail blah blah .... and I liked it with my SF Grand Piano's.

I'm using Crystal-24 now with my Amati's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts