Sonos question anyone?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Anyone got any Sonos questions they want answering? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms... *

*The Sonos forum is down for a couple of days while they replace it with a new "Community" forum (where have I heard that name before?).

*biggrin*

I haven't really set my Sonos up properly in the new house yet. I don't listen to music that much. I'll set it up soon for you, so I can ask questions if I encounter any issues. :)

One question: for my large open plan kitchen / family area, better to go for Connect + active / powered speakers or Playbar?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
One question: for my large open plan kitchen / family area, better to go for Connect + active / powered speakers or Playbar?

I guess there's a number of questions there, how big is the area, how much do you want to spend, do you need the connectivity of the Playbar (or even the Connect? Will there be tv audio involved)? There could be an argument for a two pairs of play:1s appropriately positioned in the space but it depends what you're after really.

Thanks! To answer the questions:

1) Area is 35'11" X 12'5"

2) Spending depends in needs really. I've already got a Connect.

3) Yes, there I'd a TV currently connected to Audioengine 2. I'm thinking of a soundbar for better audio, or better active speakers.

I've only got 1m space for TV + speakers. This just about fits a 32-inch TV and the Audioengine 2s. I want a 42-inch screen, hence thinking of a soundbar or soundbase. Can I connect a Soundbase or Soundbar (not Sonos) to the Connect?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Thanks! To answer the questions:

1) Area is 35'11" X 12'5"

2) Spending depends in needs really. I've already got a Connect.

3) Yes, there I'd a TV currently connected to Audioengine 2. I'm thinking of a soundbar for better audio, or better active speakers.

I've only got 1m space for TV + speakers. This just about fits a 32-inch TV and the Audioengine 2s. I want a 42-inch screen, hence thinking of a soundbar or soundbase. Can I connect a Soundbase or Soundbar (not Sonos) to the Connect?

If you mean to plug the tv into the soundbar/se directly and then have the Connect as an additional input to it then yes I can't see a problem, provided you get a bar/base with suitable inputs. I wouldn't consider plugging the tv into the Connect though, the input lag would be annoying and most modern TVs no longer have analogue outputs.

TRENDING THREADS