Sonos price rises

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
Gazzip said:
drummerman said:
davidf said:
drummerman said:
I believe many non hifi companies are absorbing their increased cost at the moment rather than passing it on to customers.
Maybe because many other industries work on higher margins, so they're able to.

Perhaps more a question of not wanting to loose customers? I am merely reflecting an economic report aired on sky news yesterday.

I am pretty certain the comparison between a milk producing farmer squeezed to a inch of his life on price and a hifi company's margins is not a similar one.

Perhaps it is?

Pull the udder one. They are milking the situation.

Pound is weak, inflation, whilst still relatively low, is continuing to rise.

It is normal that prices are going up though I am sure some are taking advantage. Luxury goods ie. Hifi will probably see it more than others ie. essential items.

I know. I was making facile milk jokes. Thanks for noticing... *blush*

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Gazzip said:
drummerman said:
Gazzip said:
drummerman said:
davidf said:
drummerman said:
I believe many non hifi companies are absorbing their increased cost at the moment rather than passing it on to customers.
Maybe because many other industries work on higher margins, so they're able to.

Perhaps more a question of not wanting to loose customers? I am merely reflecting an economic report aired on sky news yesterday.

I am pretty certain the comparison between a milk producing farmer squeezed to a inch of his life on price and a hifi company's margins is not a similar one.

Perhaps it is?

Pull the udder one. They are milking the situation.

Pound is weak, inflation, whilst still relatively low, is continuing to rise.

It is normal that prices are going up though I am sure some are taking advantage. Luxury goods ie. Hifi will probably see it more than others ie. essential items.

I know. I was making facile milk jokes. Thanks for noticing... *blush*

Sorry. To early in the morning :)

Samd

Using Amazon prices only, a Connect here sells for £249 which is $348 with Amazon.com selling at $349. So they were not really 'ripping off Britain' and not really charging much for the extra costs of distance selling.

I will watch the new prices in both locations.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts