Sonos Play

cherylm

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I had my heart set on getting a Sonos Play 1/Play 3/bridge system for my house, however just read that the play 3 does not have a wired input meaning i can't connect the tv which has really put me off. I looked at the Play 5 but it won't fit in the shelf i have under the tv which is the reason i wanted the 3, because it is compact. Can anyone suggest an alternative good quality, compact, wireless multi-room speaker system? Any help much appreciated.

cherylm

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
cool. i think the sonos connect is a bit expensive for just acting as a connector though! my tv is wifi, can it not just connect to the sytem via the bridge?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
cherylm said:
cool. i think the sonos connect is a bit expensive for just acting as a connector though! my tv is wifi, can it not just connect to the sytem via the bridge?

No, the bridge is merely there to create a link between your own network and the Sonos network, it has no audio capability at all.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The Sonos Connect remains the best option with a pair of small powered/active speakers. This is probably the cheapest solution.

The Connect is about £270, speakers from just over £100 to whatever you like. Great performance and superb value can be had for around £400-500 all up.

I use a pair of these..... http://www.studiospares.com/studio-monitors/studiospares-sn4a-pair/invt/248050

A little over £400 including the Connect, superb value and way more veratile and better sounding that a Play 3 or a Play 5. Plenty of other speaker options, the Audioengines mentioned above for example.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts