Sonos Connect ZP90

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MrMagoo

Feb 7, 2020
Visit site
Sonos is making out that they are unable to keep updating older speakers. This is an outright lie, the are able to keep updating them for the next 100 years if they really wanted too. The fact is they are greedy and are attempting to forcibly make people upgrade.

A shame they have destroyed a once highly praised business, almost everybody I know have at least one Sonos speaker, and have said they will never buy from Sonos again.

Sonos has had ample opertunity to reverse the decision, but they have waited too long now, I do not think they will ever recover as a brand.

scene

Sonos is making out that they are unable to keep updating older speakers. This is an outright lie, the are able to keep updating them for the next 100 years if they really wanted too. The fact is they are greedy and are attempting to forcibly make people upgrade.

A shame they have destroyed a once highly praised business, almost everybody I know have at least one Sonos speaker, and have said they will never buy from Sonos again.

Sonos has had ample opertunity to reverse the decision, but they have waited too long now, I do not think they will ever recover as a brand.
They cannot keep adding new/improved functionality to their older speakers. The Hardware they are based in is 10-15 years old and unable to support things like Hi-Res Audio (something Sonos users have been asking for for a while). A number of the services that Sonos support (like Spotify) have Hi-Res streaming, and the software on the devices can't be upgraded to support it. This is an issue, generally with digital music formats - they tend to be designed to be the best the hardware of their day can support, this gives older hardware a limited shelf-life.

I think the biggest mistake is the way they've announced and then handled this. Their PR department should be shot. They are however a victim of their own success, being among the best-known brands in the streaming space and what's happening here is a reality check in many ways.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts