Sonos Bridge dead

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
My Sonos Bridge died today so I cannot use my Connect, Play One or Sonos One products. The Connect and Play 1 are legacy products so will a Boost (successor to Bridge) work with the legacy products? I suspect not.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Just had a quick look and the Sonos website confirms this:

'Works with either Sonos S2 or Sonos S1 (for Android and iOS)'

I have a Sonos Connect and Play One and Don't use a bridge or Boost, even in S1 the software was updated so any of the products can create a sonos wifi.

It would be worth going onto the official forum and asking this question, always had helpful advice there

My Sonos Bridge died today so I cannot use my Connect, Play One or Sonos One products. The Connect and Play 1 are legacy products so will a Boost (successor to Bridge) work with the legacy products? I suspect not.
As Jimbofisher says, Sonos Boost will work with legacy products. Do you definitely need it though? All Sonos products (including the legacy ones) are able to connect directly to WiFi and create their own mesh network. You may need to connect again. You should also get a decent discount for the Boost from your Sonos account.

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
As Jimbofisher says, Sonos Boost will work with legacy products. Do you definitely need it though? All Sonos products (including the legacy ones) are able to connect directly to WiFi and create their own mesh network. You may need to connect again. You should also get a decent discount for the Boost from your Sonos account.
I understand that the Sonos product has to plug into the router directly to create the mesh network The router is in the hall; Connect is in the lounge and Sonos One and Play One in the bedrooms. I have some extenders so that may work.

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Visit site
Just had a quick look and the Sonos website confirms this:

'Works with either Sonos S2 or Sonos S1 (for Android and iOS)'

I have a Sonos Connect and Play One and Don't use a bridge or Boost, even in S1 the software was updated so any of the products can create a sonos wifi.

It would be worth going onto the official forum and asking this question, always had helpful advice there
I have S1 for android. Is your Connect and Play 1 plugged into router to create mesh wi-fi?

Reactions: Tinman1952

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts