Sonos advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I currently have a Cyrus 7 amp and CD7 cd player, and a pair of mission 782 speakers.

I'm considering getting a sonos system as I'd like to reclaim some space in my lounge (400 odd cd's).

Assuming I ripped them all losslessly onto a nas, how would the sound quality stack up against the Cyrus cd player. I don't want to get sign off from the wife, only to discover I need an external dac as well!..

I'd probably add some more zones at a later date (kitchen+bedroom).

Any thoughts appreciated.

scene

jimb072:
Hi,

I currently have a Cyrus 7 amp and CD7 cd player, and a pair of mission 782 speakers.

I'm considering getting a sonos system as I'd like to reclaim some space in my lounge (400 odd cd's).

Assuming I ripped them all losslessly onto a nas, how would the sound quality stack up against the Cyrus cd player. I don't want to get sign off from the wife, only to discover I need an external dac as well!..

I'd probably add some more zones at a later date (kitchen+bedroom).

Any thoughts appreciated.

I would think the DAC in the Cyrus would probably be better than the Sonos, but it would be a close thing. If you've got a friendly dealer, rip your favourite music losslessly to an iPod or laptop and take it, your amp and speakers in for a demo, take your cd7 as well for side by side. If you're really friendly, borrow their demo zp90 for a weekend...

I've found it's a very close thing between my sonos using analogue (its dac) vs. sonos spdif to my avr250 (the arcam's dac) and I'm pretty happy with either.

If you're really worried you can get an upgraded sonos with a better dac and pus to improve it's sonic capabilities. Will post link to people who do this pimp job when I find it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts