Something just wasn’t right

Jake12988

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Quite a funny story really,

so I got home from work, plugged the iPhone into the cd6006 usb. (Usually listen to cds but currently waiting for the sonos connect to be delivered for Spotify)

Anyway, I’m listening to a few songs, and I’m thinking, ‘why isn’t it sounding right? What’s happened? It sounds so thin?’

so I mess about turning off and off source direct, messed with speaker position etc, still sat there shaking my head, thinking ‘it was fine yesterday’

anyway , turns out my Spotify app had (unbeknownst to me) switched itself from ‘extreme’ quality to ‘normal’ quality

crikey, what a difference it made, awful. Back to extreme and all is well.

it must have changed during an update or something, as I never have it off extreme quality!

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Jake12988 said:
Quite a funny story really,

so I got home from work, plugged the iPhone into the cd6006 usb. (Usually listen to cds but currently waiting for the sonos connect to be delivered for Spotify)

Anyway, I’m listening to a few songs, and I’m thinking, ‘why isn’t it sounding right? What’s happened? It sounds so thin?’

so I mess about turning off and off source direct, messed with speaker position etc, still sat there shaking my head, thinking ‘it was fine yesterday’

anyway , turns out my Spotify app had (unbeknownst to me) switched itself from ‘extreme’ quality to ‘normal’ quality

crikey, what a difference it made, awful. Back to extreme and all is well.

it must have changed during an update or something, as I never have it off extreme quality!
Glad you found out what the problem was. Funny enough Some how I can't find this setting on my spotify on my amazon fire stick. I only see this option on my phone. I got the fire stick plugged into my Oppo player. Could you please direct me on how to do this, or is this option only available using spotify on a computer? Right now the sound from spotify on my system sounds rather loose & dull & lack of rhythm. This may be down to the fire stick but cannot say for sure.

Jake12988

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I only use Spotify on my phone/iPad, but it’s in the user settings, not sure about the fire stick? Perhaps a quick google search...

Jake12988

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
It was painfully obvious to me, just shows the difference download quality can make!

having said that, the average joe probably couldn’t tell.. I suppose it’s only those that are into there hifi and music that would notice..

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
nopiano said:
This is a good example of a blind test, often debated here.  Much better than saying even my wife heard it!

Same happened to me when I had the Hegel with settings in jriver media.

To add in quick comparison between 2 componants it's sometimes hard to tell the difference when it's not tonal but subtle if you know what I mean.
Only after extensive/extended listening can you then hear them.

I have plenty examples but lazy to type

TRENDING THREADS