Some experiences with the Rotel RB-1552 Mk2 power amp?

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi !
I am curious about this power amp . And if there are experiences in various pairing with preamps and speakers
It seems a 200W in 4 ohm /channel

No experience with that one in particular but have had Rotel system in the past.
No reason it shouldn't adequately drive just about any speaker you care to attach to it, the power delivery of Rotel amps is reknown.
The good Mr. Darko seems to prefer a Vienna Acoustics speaker pairing In his reviews.
In my experience, if you are going down the pre / power route, it is best to use amps from the same manufacturer, not just for aesthetic reasons but synergy in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12th Monkey
Unfortunately not . 500 km away .
I see, that's a fair distance.
I cannot help with the amplifiers you mention as my Rotel amps have been older models.
I can say I have a great respect for Rotel and have used my amps with a wide variety of speakers including some quite inefficient ones. They handle just about any speaker well and, as long as that speaker suits your listening room, you shouldn't have any issues with any speaker you choose. The amps tend to be a little on the warmer side of neutral so suit many modern and not so modern speakers.
I have heard people like to pair them with B&W and also Paradigm speakers but cannot confirm these pairings personally.

Last edited:

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I see, that's a fair distance.
I cannot help with the amplifiers you mention as my Rotel amps have been older models.
I can say I have a great respect for Rotel and have used my amps with a wide variety of speakers including some quite inefficient ones. They handle just about any speaker well and, as long as that speaker suits your listening room, you shouldn't have any issues with any speaker you choose. The amps tend to be a little on the warmer side of neutral so suit many modern and not so modern speakers.
I have heard people like to pair them with B&W and also Paradigm speakers but cannot confirm these pairings personally.
Thank you for the reply .Would be interesting also with my Epos 10 and with the Wharfedale Linton Heritage ( I have a sweet spot on the bigger ''bookshelfs'' - sorry I couldn't find Elan 15 when upgraded fron M5) .
Even if , as I understand from various posts the Lintons are a bit different in sound .

Thank you for the reply .Would be interesting also with my Epos 10 and with the Wharfedale Linton Heritage ( I have a sweet spot on the bigger ''bookshelfs'' - sorry I couldn't find Elan 15 when upgraded fron M5) .
Even if , as I understand from various posts the Lintons are a bit different in sound .
Rotel should be fine with either of those. For what it's worth I have used Wharfedale Diamond 9, EB Acoustics EB2, and my current Acoustic Zen Adagio with Rotel amps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts