So what next?

Fergus

Feb 21, 2023
Visit site
Getting back into my vinyl so here’s what I’ve done so far..
new jico sas elliptical stylus for my dual 701
new ifI preamp
new speaker cables
new seas tweeters for my ditton 66 (weirdly they were kef units which I don’t recall replacing but one was blown)
new massive crossovers which I did myself (see pic)
nakamichi cassette deck still works fine
overall massive improvement in sound stage, definition and powerful sound.. I can’t think of anything else to do apart from silly money. I have owned all of the original from new when I was at uni in the 70s so not bad that 50 year old stuff still working (apart from the original pioneer 9191 amp which leaked its fluid-cooled capacitors all over the place)
i would be interested in comments on what I’ve done as well as what I might do next (if anything)

Attachments

• IMG_2235.JPG
    IMG_2235.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Getting back into my vinyl so here’s what I’ve done so far..
new jac elliptical stylus for my dual 701
new ifI preamp
new speaker cables
new seas tweeters for my ditton 66 (weirdly they were kef units which I don’t recall replacing but one was blown)
new massive crossovers which I did myself (see pic)
nakamichi cassette deck still works fine
overall massive improvement in sound stage, definition and powerful sound.. I can’t think of anything else to do apart from silly money. I have owned all of the original from new when I was at uni in the 70s so not bad that 50 year old stuff still working (apart from the original pioneer 9191 amp which leaked its fluid-cooled capacitors all over the place)
i would be interested in comments on what I’ve done as well as what I might do next (if anything)
well done, what are you using as a power amp? Or is the iFi a phono preamp?
Now buy more music?

Fergus

Feb 21, 2023
Visit site
well done, what are you using as a power amp? Or is the iFi a phono preamp?
Now buy more music?
I’ve bought
pink Floyd double album delicate sound of thunder
pink Floyd remastered the wall - very noticeably different than the original
beethoven’s 3rd recorded in the 1950s and put onto vinyl using original tapes - sounds amazing even in mono
mozart - rubbish “ best of” record crackly on first play and going in the bin
thats all so far!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts