So What Happened To QED Electronics ?

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Back in the eighties, QED ventured into the world of making Hi-Fi components which if I remember correctly were well reviewed. However they only appear to have made about 3 amplifiers then discarded the electronics side of things, does anyone know why ?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
When did they launch this? Is it a recent addition?

http://www.qed.co.uk/wireless-bluetooth/qed-uplay/qed-uplay-plus-wireless-bluetooth-receiver.htm

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
eggontoast said:
Yes I know they exist as a cable company still but, I was curious as to why the electronics side of things was so brief since there products looked promising.

Well they started as a cable company, so I guess the electronics – amps, etc – didn't do so well in what was then a crowded market, so the company decided to stick to its core market.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
eggontoast said:
Yes I know they exist as a cable company still but, I was curious as to why the electronics side of things was so brief since there products looked promising.

Well they started as a cable company, so I guess the electronics – amps, etc – didn't do so well in what was then a crowded market, so the company decided to stick to its core market.
Is there any reviews in the WHF or Gramophone archives for the A240cd/se amplifiers ?

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
tino said:
When did they launch this? Is it a recent addition?

http://www.qed.co.uk/wireless-bluetooth/qed-uplay/qed-uplay-plus-wireless-bluetooth-receiver.htm
Don't know, but I guess if they don't market it a bit better that won't sell either.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Some more information about QED products (this is a google translation from German)...

clicky

I used to own the A240 SA and T260 tuner. Very nice. I didn't replace them until 1996 when I bought a Rega Brio/Rega Radio set-up.

I am still hunting down info about the QED loudspeakers (JPW?) that were designed to complete the original A230/T231/R232 system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts