so much to choose from please help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hello this is my first post and im looking for help from anyone

im looking to buy my first homecinema system i have £2500 to spend on the system and after looking through your mag im lost as to wot to buy

im looking for something that plays dvd and cd well ,i like my music as much as dvd ,i do like the sound to be clear but all so good bass when im in the mood ,im thinking on the lines of monitor audio rs6 package but not sure on the heart of the system so many to choose

the room i have is of a good size so looking to fell it with sound

any help will be welcome as allways looking for the best money can get at this price

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Is this just for the speaker package or do you need an amp as well, Because £2500 won't be enough as the MA RS6 package is around £2000, then amp and speaker cables will take it over £3000. Others to consider if just speakers are required would be the Tannoy revolutions and Dali Ikons. Or you could go for a 3.1 and add rears later, this may also save on sub by choosing the BK Monolith at £420 as opposed to £600-700 subs which come in the other packages. The Dali's ive seen for £1799 in light oak seems a good deal or you could go for the Dali ikon 6 for fronts and Dali lektor 2 for rears and centre with the BK Monolith sub.Choosing an amp is the difficult part as most av amps will struggle to give you the perfomance that a reasonable stero amp will give. I would be tempted to sort out getting the best homecinema set up you can afford and add a stero amp and decent cdp. An audition is a must, i would certainly audtion the three mentioned and see what you prefer.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The first thing to do is to get yourself into a dealer and try a couple of AV amp and a couple of pairs of speaker just in stereo mode. This is usually the let down with AV amps, so you need to find out if this is good enough for you. If not, you'll be looking at a separate AV and hi-fi system.

Take a few CD's along, audition a few amps and try a few floorstanding speakers, firstly to see how they mesh together, but also to see if you'll be happy with the stereo performance. Once you find what you're happy with, you could put the budget of the system into ther electronics and the front pair, or the front 3 speakers. Rear speakers and subs can be added later on when funds permit, giving you a better system long term, and also providing you with better sounding 2 channel performance. This way, you CAN look at speakers like the MA RS6's, and other alternatives from the likes of KEF, Quad etc.

A

Anonymous

many thanks for both the replys ,music means more to me than the homecinema ,but yes it all ways comes down to funds , i like the look of the tannoy and the review sounds great ,if i uped the amount i spend on this to say £3000 ,would the av amp of up to £600 do the speakers justice ,

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Or if you prfer more expensive speakers Tannoy Revloutions and Mj Acoustic 100 mk11 sub free £400 Qed speaker cable with the Yamaha RX-V1900 amp for £2950 at Creative audio or you can get the speaker package with Rel sub for less then £1900.

A

Anonymous

can anyone recommend a good place to book a listening room ,im in the southwest ,but dont mind a drive to get the right place

that new sony sounds great in the review ,think thats on my list

many thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts