So many options, where to start?

USMC1316

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
I posted a few days ago about the phantom reactor 600, and got some good advice. But at the end of the day I’m left with more questions, so please be patient with my ignorance on all this.
My wife wanted a turntable, so I bought her one for Christmas (Rega p1). That purchase has started a dominos effect, now I need speakers, amp, ect. I want to be able to wifi/Bluetooth to the system to stream Spotify or like services. I thought the Sonos system was a good option, then the Phantom reactor. But after hearing advice from a previous post, I think I would be better off with a traditional setup. I'm scratching my head where to start, do I pick the speakers first? Or the amp? Should I try and stay to a certain size of speakers? What are the great brands out there? I have read a lot of reviews online, but they all start sounding the same. At the end of the day, I would like a great system, with plenty of bass and top quality, for an extremely low price! Lol.
To sum it all up, I’m looking for the experience on the forum to stop me from making a boneheaded decision.
BTW, the room is small 13x11. I'm sure that has some effect on what I should get.

By traditional setup I take it you mean amp and a pair of speakers rather than active speakers.
some idea of you total budget would help.
You are unlikely to find an amp with bl uetooth and Wi-Fi that will be cheap and may need to add Bluetooth separately

USMC1316

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
By traditional setup I take it you mean amp and a pair of speakers rather than active speakers.
some idea of you total budget would help.
You are unlikely to find an amp with bl uetooth and Wi-Fi that will be cheap and may need to add Bluetooth separately
Thanks for the reply, I would like to stay around 2500.

JohnD

Oct 17, 2020
Visit site
I know you have decided to go down the traditional route but just FYI, my neighbour has a Phantom Reactor Gold and it sounds pretty astonishing however, by his own admission he feels he needs two to get the stereo imaging and the best out of them. So in effect, a traditional set up albeit with funkier speakers.

D

Deleted member 116933

With the record player, the more modern setups are harder to connect too.

Here are some places to start on your jounery.

Here is a modern active option that should be well under budget with a phono stage and dac built in. believe it also has Bluetooth . Job done no more boxes

here is a link to a more traditional amp with blue tooth and phono stage also has a USB for computer audio, Pick your poison for speakers

hope that helps

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Well, the kef LS50 wireless 2 would work, as you already have a phono stage. I haven’t heard them myself but I have and love the smaller LSX so would definitely consider them

Reactions: Al ears

rainsoothe

Hi. Besides the mentioned suggestions, which are all great, I'd also consider local brands, which will give you greater bang for buck - like Schiit Ragnarok or Rogue Audio Sphinx + speakers to match the room (Tekton Design get a lot of praise on a certain YouTube channel, for instance).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts