So disappointed with my new system, please help.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Also speaker and subwoofer placement can make a massive amount of difference. Where do you have these positioned? I would set all the speakers to small and set the crossover to 80hz to start off with. Also setting the sound levels with a SPL meter can make a difference.

deanchri

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Got front speakers and centre speaker straight in front of listening posn at head height and SW just to left of these.

Connected optical cable from sky hd box to reciever and set digital audio setting on receiver to optical. However still have to have hdmi input on aswell otherwise I won't get video signal to TV. How can I be sure that audio signal is coming from hd box through optical and not hdmi?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Have you been into the amp menus to set the audio preference for the amp's Satellite option to the Optical jack that you have the Sky plugged into?

deanchri

Dec 14, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Voodoo Doctor!

I had the digital audio & hdmi inputs set correctly on the menu which comes up on tv screen. However there is an 'audio' button on the remote which then sets preference which was still set to hdmi.

Thankyou - sound from sky hd box sounds much better now!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts