Smearing with Panasonic equipment

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Panasonic TV (TX-37V10) and Home Cinema (SC-BT200) BluRay player, which I am generally happy with. However, I do get a distracting amount of smearing when watching BluRay films, say if a person is walking across the screen and is in contrast with the background.

I have played around with some of the settings but could someone point out to me any specific settings I should be trying to adjust?

Thanks

Ian

A

Anonymous

Hi Ian

On the TV picture setup menu, set the viewing mode to "Normal" and reset to default, make sure the sharpness is set in the middle or one notch higher but no more, also "Colour Management" to ON, "Eco Mode" is optional but set it OFF and keep the "PNR" (Picture Noise Reduction) OFF too. On the BT200, in the setup menu, make sure "24p" is set to on as im sure this set to off straight out the box. Give that a go and see how it goes, if it seems to help, then you can go back into the TV picture settings and add some colour or change the contrast etc.

Also make sure you sit at a good recommended distance from your tv to your sofa as that can be another factor too.

Regards> M

A

Anonymous

You can try and disable any form of noise reduction on the TV (and maybe the bluray player); this can noticeably cut smearing as it cuts down the amount of picture processing.

Any other picture tweak settings can be set to off initially and then engage each one in turn to see if can't do without it, otherwise disable or set to zero

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts