SME V. Worth it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
bretty said:
Glad you're on the mend, buddy.

I feel you pain. My body's being rebelling aginst me for the last 18 months. Can't seem to stop mucking up my arms. Torn nerve in neck in 2011 which mullered my right tricep. Just atrofied away. I looked like I had Polio. Took 18 months to heal. While that was healing, I got tendonitis in my left Bicep and forearm. That took 12 months to heal. Now, in 2013, just 8 weeks ago, I ripped the tendons in my right bicep and forearm, meaning I look freaky as hell cos my bicep has pinged up to my shoulder. Nice. I think it's the universes way of teling me that i'm not 21 anymore, and stop thinking I can lift stupid sh*t :)

Cheers mate.

Geting old'sa btch......hope you are getting the right advice and treatment.

I now can't lift stupid sht.

:beer: :beer:

Cno

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Cheers, Cno. yeah, i'm getting sorted. it just takes SOOOOOO long to heal when it's nerve or tendon stuff! I'm still functioning and working, but I have the strength of a 5 year old girl :)

Hope you get better soon, too, matey

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi Bretty,

I would say go for it and then maybe look at upgrading the spec of your turntable at a later date if required.

As an Orbe owner before starting HFL I had always craved a SME V, well last month I got the Gyro and Orbe in here and put a SME V on the Orbe, what an arm.

I must say I was a little daunted to start with as it does look quite complicated to set up but it really couldn't have been easier as all the tools required are supplied in the box and the instructions are brilliantly laid out, after an hour or so it was all set-up and sounding great.

The SME arms really are serious pieces of engineering with amazing scope for adjustments, they are not cheap but once you own one there is some serious pride of ownership knowing you have one of the best arms in the business.

Not that you probably need any encouragement but here is a pic ;)

DSCF2569_zps3c964723.jpg

Paul@HiFi-Lounge

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
floyd droid said:
Im guessing thats dribble on the chassis just below the armboard , SMEs tend to make ya do that .

I know what you mean floyd droid, they really are things of beauty.

I had a friend in the other day with his rather posh Leica camera, he has just sent some snaps over and thought this one was quite appropriate :grin:

HFL2-9211074_zpsb0bf2d77.jpg

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
floyd droid said:
Im guessing thats dribble on the chassis just below the armboard , SMEs tend to make ya do that .

I know what you mean floyd droid, they really are things of beauty.

I had a friend in the other day with his rather posh Leica camera, he has just sent some snaps over and thought this one was quite appropriate :grin:

HFL2-9211074_zpsb0bf2d77.jpg

Your friend should have used a high end USB cable to transfer the image, perhaps then it would have been in colour...

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Paul@HiFi-Lounge said:
Hi Bretty,

I would say go for it and then maybe look at upgrading the spec of your turntable at a later date if required.

As an Orbe owner before starting HFL I had always craved a SME V, well last month I got the Gyro and Orbe in here and put a SME V on the Orbe, what an arm.

I must say I was a little daunted to start with as it does look quite complicated to set up but it really couldn't have been easier as all the tools required are supplied in the box and the instructions are brilliantly laid out, after an hour or so it was all set-up and sounding great.

The SME arms really are serious pieces of engineering with amazing scope for adjustments, they are not cheap but once you own one there is some serious pride of ownership knowing you have one of the best arms in the business.

Not that you probably need any encouragement but here is a pic ;)

DSCF2569_zps3c964723.jpg

Thanks for the post, matey. Never seen a shot of one on a Michell deck. Looks like I imagined it would; the nuts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts