Small System Overhaul

swlivesley

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, it's my first time posting so go easy!

Anyways, I currently have a pretty decent budget system that I set up myself when I was about 16/17 and now that I'm 22 with a bit of money, I need to give it a small overhaul.. I have Cambridge Audio S30's (which I adore) attached to a CA A5 Amp, a Pro-ject Debut III turntable and some heavy duty 5mm speaker cable that I managed to get out of a skip :grin: On top of that, I have some old AVF speaker brackets holding the S30's up on a the walls but they aren'y really suitable because they're somewhat short and cause the s30's to boom on to the back of the wall..

Anyways, what I really want to do is upgrade the amp. My A5 is getting on, and I can hear that it's not as precise as it used to be. What amp do you think would be best? Looking at reviews and comments all over, I've come to find that people suggest using another new CA amp to compliment the speaker's. In that case I was thinking the CA Azur 340A SE. The Azur 350A was also on my radar but seem's awfully expensive for something that hasn't received amazing reviews. Are there any other suggestions for new amps in the under £300 price range?

Furthrmore, I need new wall brackets. I don't have the space for floor stand's so wall bracket's have to do.. Any suggestions?

All and any help is greatly appreciated :) Thanks in advance.

matthewpiano

The 350A is an excellent amp. I'd happily have one myself if I didn't have the NAD. It would be a big upgrade over your A5 in every sense and it is a really nicely made piece of kit. It will suit the S30s perfectly and grip them better than the A5, bringing more definition to their sound.

swlivesley

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It does have some good reviews, and it's said to use all the successful specs of the 340A SE as well. Thanks for nudging me in the right direction. Do you have any idea's on decent wall brackets as well? :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts