Small speakers for the garden

petelovesdrums

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for a pair of standmount/bookshelf speakers to be mounted inside my garage, right by the open doors, so that we can listen to music in the garden. The garage set-up is a Marantz CD6003 and PM6003 integrated amp. Chord Cobra 2 interconnect.

My budget is around £250 (which could clearly go a lot further on eBay!)

Music played is dance, chill-out/ambient, folk, pop and rock. Detail and decent bass are a must.

Any ideas?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
petelovesdrums said:
I'm looking for a pair of standmount/bookshelf speakers to be mounted inside my garage, right by the open doors, so that we can listen to music in the garden. The garage set-up is a Marantz CD6003 and PM6003 integrated amp. Chord Cobra 2 interconnect.

My budget is around £250 (which could clearly go a lot further on eBay!)

Music played is dance, chill-out/ambient, folk, pop and rock. Detail and decent bass are a must.

Any ideas?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resting-Gnome-Mushroom-Sculpture-Bluetooth-Speaker-Indoor-Outdoor-SPI-Home-/231034761077

$T2eC16RHJHkFFl7oU3DOBSD7!-gYhw~~60_57.JPG

You know, I'm surprised there weren't more garden gnome speakers flooding the market...

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
petelovesdrums said:
I'm looking for a pair of standmount/bookshelf speakers to be mounted inside my garage, right by the open doors, so that we can listen to music in the garden.

How about these? Bose 151

000000000000034104_660x460.jpg

or you might even find a refurbed pair of the larger 251s online or at one of the Bose Outlet Stores within your budget: there's a pair on Ebay at £190 at the moment.

Not usually a big fan of Bose speakers, but these Environmental models sound more than OK, are designed to be used exposed to the elements, and come complete with mounting hardware.

petelovesdrums

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I'd considered looking at Q Acoustics' Concept 20s - which are admittedly are over the budget, but how do they compare with the 3020s? Also MA Bronze BX2s and Wharfedale Diamond 220s. A mate of mine has a pair od Mission 780SEs which he swears by for his second system. What would your opinion be of these various options?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts