Small speakers for desktop - Very near field

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for some small speakers for my desk as I want to put either my old NAD C320BEE or Arcam Alpha 8 amp under my desk in my home office & use these as my PC music source as unfortunately I've now no room for my Bose Comapnion 3 Series II system as I've minimalised the office and no room for the BOSE sub!

I dont want to spend much more than £130 (new or 2nd hand) on speakers as they'll need to be as small as possible but with still a good sound and obviously with them being right in front of me but to the side on my desk; they need to be a sensible size (hence why I'm not using my old B&W 602 S3's)!

Short list is:

Q Acoustic 2010's or 2020's
Acoustic Energy Compact 1's
Tanny Mercury F1's
B&W 601 S3's (if I can find some)
Mission MX1's

Any thoughts/further suggestions?

Cheers
xyxthumbs.gif

A

Anonymous

I picked up some cambridge audio s30's from richer sounds a few weeks ago, really impressed with everything about them got them in oak.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/cambridge-audio-s30

Although personally I think that the logitek x-230 sounds brilliant for computer games and music combo. Vocals sound ultra clear.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Dan you really can't go wrong with the 2010's as a desktop speaker, Indont know how they make them so cheap and they pick up bags of detail, if that's your bag.

A

Anonymous

moon said:
Dan you really can't go wrong with the 2010's as a desktop speaker, Indont know how they make them so cheap and they pick up bags of detail, if that's your bag.

Yeah I'm liking the look of these more & more; more so for the fact that you can get dedicated wall mounts which, if I got, means then that I'm able to mount them on the wall behind my desk so they dont take up room on my desk!

JD; Frankenspiels look very good but I'm not won over by their size; not sure if I'd get the sound quality I'd want!

A

Anonymous

monkins1010 said:
I picked up some cambridge audio s30's from richer sounds a few weeks ago, really impressed with everything about them got them in oak.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/cambridge-audio-s30

Although personally I think that the logitek x-230 sounds brilliant for computer games and music combo. Vocals sound ultra clear.

I bought the BOSE Companion 3's to replace some Logitech X-230's; their sound was ok but I felt the bass became too flabby and distorted too easily

A

Anonymous

Any other suggestions before I buy the AE Compact 1's?

Initially I'll probably have the speakers sat on my desk facing into me a little but with the AE's and the Q Acoustics as well; they have specific wall brackets which REALLY appeal to me

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Dan tis a shame I have a pair of 2010 for sale, I know it's against the forum rules to trade, but I guess if the mods are ok they could forward my email?

Moon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts