Small, plasticky, credit card like remotes

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one who refuses to buy products that come with a €2 remote? Hegel H80, Yamaha wxa50, Dali Kubik One, Nad c338, denon pma50, also a lot of active speakers. All nice product with a horrible remote control. When I pay €1000 for an amp I expect a decent remote. Not this garbage. I forgive the new Brio, it gets away with it.

I generally dont like the Cyrus looks, but these guys know how its done.

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
refuse to buy a good product because of a cheap remote, but I know exactly what you mean. Some manufacturers should hang their heads in shame; to use my system I need 3 remotes so I got a nice 4 in 1 type remote which does the job very nicely. The Vincent remotes are very nice indeed but it's in a drawer, I must admit now and then I use it just to feel the quality - bit sad really :)

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I think one of them remotes would last me about a week, even the metal tiny ones i dont like the look of jusr too small

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
paulkebab said:
refuse to buy a good product because of a cheap remote, but I know exactly what you mean. Some manufacturers should hang their heads in shame; to use my system I need 3 remotes so I got a nice 4 in 1 type remote which does the job very nicely. The Vincent remotes are very nice indeed but it's in a drawer, I must admit now and then I use it just to feel the quality - bit sad really :)

Yeah I exaggerated a little bit. Although I did not buy a H80 in the past because of the remote, mostly because Hegel offers a better one vs €50. I dont like that kind of marketing.

I also think the the Vincent is nice, I used the SV500 remote at the dealer last year. I dont mind it being small as long as it shows some quality and got some weight to it like the Vincent or the Quad Vena.

#firstworldproblems

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Mixed feelings. So indeed they look nasty but on the other hand - they are totally space saving in comparison to bigger ones which is a good thing. Second thing is that generic remote controls always offer too much buttons (who really uses them all ?) the plasticy ones offer only the most basic and necessary buttons. So - not bad idea actually but the buttons on them should click and be of a better quality I think.

insider9

Nelis87 said:
Am I the only one who refuses to buy products that come with a €2 remote? Hegel H80, Yamaha wxa50, Dali Kubik One, Nad c338, denon pma50, also a lot of active speakers. All nice product with a horrible remote control. When I pay €1000 for an amp I expect a decent remote. Not this garbage. I forgive the new Brio, it gets away with it.

I generally dont like the Cyrus looks, but these guys know how its done.
Well the good news is that new Hegel lineup uses remotes that could easily be used in self defence. Sturdy is not even the word I would use. You even need a screwdriver to change batteries.

Back to little remotes WXC-50 little remote was one of its best features and I wouldn't like it half as much if it was full size.

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Its not actually the small size that bothers me it's the low budget feeling they give me. Like if I accaccidentally drop it on the floor it's gonna fall apart feeling.

Vincent and Quad Vena are small but they have some weight and quality to it. Those little things make me feel even better about a purchase.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts