Small Desktop speakers for NAD 3020? New to HiFi and loving it!

duckieone

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

Emptied out the attic few months ago with my dad and found his old stereo system (Rega planar 3, NAD 3020, Mission 700 speakers and stands). He started to wax lyrical about the quality of sound and I laughed at him beleiving that 1970s tech was no match for my ipod. Anyway he threw the lot together and put on Dark Side of the Moon... Astonishing.

For a few weeks I have had this set up in my bedroom but unfortunately I am moving out of home to my own place. In my flat there will simply not be the space for the Missions.

I am ideally looking at some far smaller bookshelf speakers that can sit either side of my PC moniter very close to the wall. Sort of Q Acoustics 2020i size? Are these any good for my needs (I listen to a lot of prog/hard/classic rock)? I must emphasize that they will be very close to the wall so I may be looking for something front ported (I think). The full setup will be the planar 3, or my PC through a Beresford Bushmaster, to the NAD 3020 before the speakers.

My budget is around 200 quid and I could go second hand.

Thanks in advance. I listen to music for at least an hour every day so how I ever managed without a decent HiFi system is a mystery now. You certainly have a convert here!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I think you have you answer... ;)

as i was reading the thread title the Q acoustics were the first ones that pop out in my mind!

I've heard them connected to rega Brio R and love the combo!

I do have a old NAD 3020i that i will never sell... ;)

duckieone

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I assumed that the NAD would be the thing I replace first as its quite old... Is it quite good? Is 200 pounds for speakers going to be too much or can the amp last a few speaker upgades? To my ears it sounds fantastic but I have never listened to anything comparable. Maybe a trip to a HiFi store is in order...

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I think you will have a lovely sounding system for only £200 and can't be beat in the budget!

if you have the money to look for other amp and speakers go ahead, and maybe you'll be surprised...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts