small desktop powered speakers- all connections in right speaker

knacker

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone know of a powered speaker set, like to Audioengine A2+ but has all the power & connections on the right hand speaker rather than the left as I am looking for a set but need it this way round. 2 inputs needed as a pc & mac mini would need to be connected

size of the A2+ are fine and budget up to £200ish

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
knacker said:
Does anyone know of a powered speaker set, like to Audioengine A2+ but has all the power & connections on the right hand speaker rather than the left as I am looking for a set but need it this way round. 2 inputs needed as a pc & mac mini would need to be connected

size of the A2+ are fine and budget up to £200ish

In the case of the A2+, you can simply use them the other way around and switch left and right on the input channels. Well if you are using analogue inputs you could, if you want to use the USB, then that is a problem.

You say you have a PC and mac mini, how do you plan to connect them?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Simplest answer is to reverse the speakers, then reverse the left and right phonos on your pc cable. The mac is a little more complex, get a second mini jack to phono for the mac and use a twin rca to mini jack adaptor to access the mini jack input, reverse the phono left and right as before.

Not very elegant, but cheap and will work.

The best solution is probaly an inexpensive dac preamp and small active speakers, bit over budget though.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
These ain’t full scale actives and the lab tests aren’t 100%.

For the money I can’t complain, I currently have these in a shared workspace (70’x70’x20’), they get everyone dancing and tapping their feet.

OP’s just looking for options, these are half of the 200 quid budget, worth a listen to rule em out...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts