Slow moving forum?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
At least on the Hifi side it seems to move much slower these days than some others, for example PFM. Anyone else noticed this or am I mistaken?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
At least on the Hifi side it seems to move much slower these days than some others, for example PFM. Anyone else noticed this or am I mistaken?

hi please can you recommend other forum sites as yes this one is very slow atm

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Everything seems normal - fits and spurts - the weather is better - people have other things to do.

Hifi wigwam are a nice group of enthusiasts who are an extremely supportive bunch (not judgemental) - a really nice lot (especially if Scalford was anything to go by). I for one will be attending next year.

tonky

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
drummerman said:

hi please can you recommend other forum sites as yes this one is very slow atm

As the others have said, AVForums has quite a following (haven't been on there for years though), HifiWigwam which seems friendly and I sometimes have a look but dont post, PFM which is mostly friendly and I spend some time there too. There is HDD Audio Forum, formerly AVI and a lot of like minded people on there, Actives orientated but there are others and vinyl lovers too. There is DIY Audio, which, as the name suggests, is about DIY but there are plenty of threads on current and vintage ready available things.

I am not advocating everyone is venturing from here elsewhere but I am a little curious why it seemed so slow lately.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Weather's getting nicer, people are finding other things to do, and besides there's only about 10 people who regularly post on here; they only need to find something different to do for a few days and the forum looks empty. On top of that there's maybe another 10 less frequent posters (at a push), then the rest are short-termers who come to ask a specific question, maybe contribute for a couple of weeks then are never seen again.

londonguy

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
this forum and website in general are very badly designed. Its the main reason i rarely look on here now.

As mentioned hifi wigwam is ok along with steve hoffman forums. Thats a mixture of mainly UK and US members but its pretty busy and friendly.

beaker_07

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I look through the various forums every day and have learned a lot from reading various threads and posting/asking questions - I am not experienced or knowledgable enough to be able to help other peole out still being a relative newbie.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts