Slingbox Help/Advise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there my brother has moved to the USA with his family but are missing the good old English soaps etc. He asked me to look into these slingboxes to see if they could be used?

Basically could i set up a slingbox to my Sky+ so he can then use this in USA to watch English TV?

Would he have to watch exactly what i am watching here in UK or will he be able to change channel as he wished?

Any advise from anyone who has used one of these would be most appreicated.

Andy

Douglas9

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I use a Slingbox Solo to send TV pictures to my daughter in France. I have it connected to the Freeview section of a DVD recorder and she can remotely both switch on the recorder and change channels. She can even pause then resume a programme (as you do with SKY+ ) I did not connect it to my SKY system because, as you suspected, we would then both have to watch the same programme. Quality of pictures received is very dependent on the Broadband speed (upload at the transmitting end and download at the receiving end.) My upload speed is about 375 kbps (minimum recommended is 256kbps ) and the pictures she gets are perfectly watchable though fast moving sports, for example, would clearly benefit from higher upload speeds. Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts