Slight Clicking Noise

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello guys,

I'm afraid my first post on here is one of those boring help me fix a problem threads.

I have been enjoying listening to a Denon DM36DAB with some Q Acoustics 2010s for just over a month now with no problems at all. However, today while listening to At War With the Mystics by The Flaming Lips I picked up on an occasional clicking noise.

It may not be noticable to others but I noticed it a few times and it soon began to irritate. I tried listening to other music, first I tried giving Arcade Fire's Deep Blue a blast, not so prominent on that track but it was still there.

I've tried googling this kind of problem but it seems to be one almost exclusively associated with a PC's sound output.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Soul Kitchen

A

Anonymous

It's when I have my iPod plugged in via USB. I tried listening to some DAB radio for a while and couldn't hear any problems there. And the sound is coming through the speakers.

Sorry for the lack of initial information.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Then I suspect a problem in the ripped/downloaded files. Reripping or redownloading may help, as may backing up the iPod, resetting it and uploading the music again.

Alternatively may be some interference being picked up on the cable between the iThing and the Denon, but this is less likely.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Andrew.

I will try a different USB cable. As for the music files themselves, I will try re-ripping although in my mind I have already ruled out the files (all either FLAC or 320 MP3) being the issue. I've listened to most of them many times before and today tried them on other good pieces of equipment around the house with no issue.

I'm thinking perhaps it's something going on with the speaker cable. Currently I am using mid-range QED cable without banana plugs. Would the lack of banana plugs be the issue, or is that a silly idea? I want to know before I get off my backside to fetch the screwdriver, as I was perfectly happy with everything before this issue cropped up.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Could well be something to do with the data transfer.

Do you get the said clicks if you listen to the ipod on headphones? Are the clicks repeatable in the same area/at the same time on the tracks?

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Nothing to do with a lack of banana plugs. All they will do is add two more break points in the audio chain from amp to speaker. Twisted wire clamped in the terminals is best for security and contact area.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the replies, glad to have ruled my speaker cable suspicion. As said, the clicks are only audible when using the iPod in this mode with this system. They aren't aubible through any other means, including headphones. I'll keep looking into matters on the digital side of things and get back to you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts