cyclingman3

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
if I go into a fish and chip shop and ask for a bag of chips only to be told that I can’t have them unless I buy a piece of fish which doesn’t happen. But if I ask sky for Sky Sport they tell me that I can’t have it unless I pay for a bundle of channels which I don’t wanti. Is this right? Also they have lost a lot of sports to BT that I originally subscribed to without giving me a reduction to my subscription is to me a disgrace.

jjbomber

cyclingman3 said:
if I go into a fish and chip shop and ask for a bag of chips only to be told that I can’t have them unless I buy a piece of fish which doesn’t happen. But if I ask sky for Sky Sport they tell me that I can’t have it unless I pay for a bundle of channels which I don’t wanti. Is this right? Also they have lost a lot of sports to BT that I originally subscribed to without giving me a reduction to my subscription is to me a disgrace.

Imagine if you asked for a bag of chips just to be told that you had to buy a fish from another shop and not actually recieve it before they could give you chips? That is what happens. You have to pay the BBC for a licence to watch Sky.

You can use Now TV for just sports.

jjbomber

Gray said:
It's surely some consolation to know that you're contributing indirectly to footballer's pay.

Did I hear that one was on £500,000 a week? (An hour of that gets some decent hi-fi, even after tax)

Floyd Mayweather was showing off his pay cheque from Showtime this week. You get a decent hi-fi for $100,000,000.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/id/22231822/floyd-mayweather-shows-100m-cheque-conor-mcgregor-fight

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
These set box providers days will be numbered sooner or later. With subscriptions like Netflix, Amazon, Google and Now TV they better get their act together.

I saved my self a lot of money, by paying for what I need for the day or week using now TV when watching sport

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Native_bon said:
These set box providers days will be numbered sooner or later. With subscriptions like Netflix, Amazon, Google and Now TV they better get their act together.

I saved my self a lot of money, by paying for what I need for the day or week using now TV when watching sport

NOW TV is a cut down version of sky , so they are already on with moving with the times

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
cyclingman3 said:
if I go into a fish and chip shop and ask for a bag of chips only to be told that I can’t have them unless I buy a piece of fish which doesn’t happen.
Funny you should say that. Mrs Fubar and her other two Brownie leaders were once refused service by our nearest fish and chip shop for just that reason when they went in for 20 bags of chips for themselves and 17 Brownies who were having a sleepover at the local church. She left the shop, vowing never to cross their threshold again. In five years she’s kept her vow, despite unavoidably passing it every time she goes to the other chippy further away from our house.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Series1boy said:
Native_bon said:

NOW TV is a cut down version of sky , so they are already on with moving with the times

Yup and only streaming at 720p max until end of year when sky (maybe) 'upgrade' NowTV to HD. -

We are in 2018 and not 2005 aren't we?

Had to check.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts