SKY Will Not Honour £49 if Your a SKY+ HD Customer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have SKY+ HD and wanted to add another box as a multi-room package, with the new pricing as keen as it is.

So yesterday i registered and was told all was OK, received a message today to call them and book an installation, only to be told by Customer Services, the bespoke new department & SKY HD sales, that as was an existing customer with a Sky+ HD I was not eligable for the £49 offer.

Even though, I am a very loyal customer, I had SKY digital within weeks of launch and SKY HD within weeks of it's launch (both at full price) and have broadband & skytalk.

If I ran my business focusing on attracting new customers & not looking after the loyal existing ones, it wouldn't last long, Why do SKY get away with it?

Needless to say I will be looking at the V+ and Freesat PVR as my second room option. And I will be writing a letter to the Customers Relations Department.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
markjaspi:
I currently have SKY+ HD and wanted to add another box as a multi-room package, with the new pricing as keen as it is.

So yesterday i registered and was told all was OK, received a message today to call them and book an installation, only to be told by Customer Services, the bespoke new department & SKY HD sales, that as was an existing customer with a Sky+ HD I was not eligable for the £49 offer.

Even though, I am a very loyal customer, I had SKY digital within weeks of launch and SKY HD within weeks of it's launch (both at full price) and have broadband & skytalk.

If I ran my business focusing on attracting new customers & not looking after the loyal existing ones, it wouldn't last long, Why do SKY get away with it?

Needless to say I will be looking at the V+ and Freesat PVR as my second room option. And I will be writing a letter to the Customers Relations Department.

When they offered the new package at £75 a few months ago, I called them and said that my HD box was making a few noises and I would like to get a new box for £75. They told me they couldn't do it so I threatened to cancel my subscription. All of a sudden an idea was thought up. They organised for a new box to be delivered and installed (set up) and they would cancel my old box and start a new subscription. I agreed to this. The installer came round and he had different instructions (a straight switch and new pairing). Even better. Within an hour I had one of the new boxes with coaxial and optical (which is what I really wanted) and an old HD box to keep or sell on ebay. It seems like it depends on which operator you get when you call.

A

Anonymous

markjaspi:

Well I'm Virgin (VIP) customer and I was going to move to Sky (get the £49 Sky +HD deal). When I went to cancel my Virgin services I was told that I'd have to pay £120 disconnection fee! Even though I'd been a loyal customer for over 10 years (NTL prior to Virgin taking over).

Seems like Sky are not the only ones focussing on new customers and not treating loyal long standing customers very badly.

A

Anonymous

Tryed the old, spitting the dummy out & cancelling everything I have with you and got no where, with 3 different people.

Problem is, as I want HD for my main room, sky is the best by far, so I have not got the guts to go through with cancelling.

I have had 2 free HD box changes, with the over heating thing, in the past though.

I will write and complain though, see if that gets me any where.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts