Sky + visual connection via Onkyo SR875

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can someone help i want to route my SKY + via the Onkyo SR875 av receiver. The only visual connection is scart - so am i better getting a scart to component lead and switching it via the amp to my phillips 42" ambilight full hd tv or can someone suggest a better way. I dont want to spend to much as i am upgrading later this year to sky HD when funds permit (autumn time).

thanks again

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
Have you considered using s-video? I would recommend first seeing if you get a good enough picture going directly into the tv via RGB SCART (make sure Sky+ box is outputting RGB via the picture settings). Otherwise try S-video into the Onkyo to let it scale the picture and see which you prefer.

A

Anonymous

thanks pal already using rgb scart at the moment direct to tv, but i liked the idea of switching via onkyo also i have heard s video is not as good as scart or component. What do you think

A

Anonymous

Just saw this and wanted to check that I had the best set-up for my system. I have SAMSUNG LE40F86BDX, ONKYO 605, PS3 and Monitor Audio BR1 (5.1) currently with a standard SKY box. I had read about the RGA - component converters but at moment just have scart to scart into the TV and phonos into the onkyo. Can I do anything better than that, does a converter really help me?

Also, wondered whether when playing CDs through the PS3 I was better off not using the HDMI and outputting through the optical?

TRENDING THREADS