Sky/Virgin Options

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I've had sky for years with the full package incl sports and movies. I like all the HD channels which utilise my TV/AV set up perfectly. I also like the sky go app for my iphone and ipad.

So the issue is that I have just moved house and the phone socket is absolutely nowhere near the telly. The new house doesn't have a dish so I'll need an engineer to come and install and they will insist on plugging the phone in which I don't think is possible.

So my options as I can see are:

- Get someone to install new phone socket near telly

- Switch to Virgin.

I like the idea of virgin with the TIVO box and especially the broadband. However to get a comparable TV pack it will cost about £90 a month with less HD content.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this? is there anything else I'm missing?

Help would be appreciated!!!

Alex

A

Anonymous

That would be the best solution but it would have to go over a door and round 2 different rooms. Plus I have a wife that doesn't like 'cables'!

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
you dont have to get sky to install a dish, any competent DIY enthusiast can do it. as an existing subscriber, you dont 'have' to be connected to the phone unless you need or want broadband and anytime+ and if this is the case, can a phone point be added with the cable running outside the house?

virgin for me would not be a valid choice, i had cabled services in three different properties in the past and found the local teams to be less useful than a chocolate firegaurd (virgin bought the company)

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure I count as a 'competent' DIY enthusiast...

I think a new phone socket is looking like the best move.

Anyone want to convince me Virgin is the way forward?

A

Anonymous

i'd stick with sky if i were you.

why don't you just use a long cable when they install it and then when they've gone just do away with it. the only thin you won't be able to do is order box office on the set top box but you can still phone and order box office.

my phone line is nowhere near my TV but i still have anytime plus, thanks to home plugs etc.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi Alex,

For a start, as an existing customer you do not have to have your box connected to a phone line, if you don't want Sky to install a new dish, then ask an independant contractor to do it for you. There are plenty around and they will not come on hard with the phone line nonsense.

All you need to do is give Sky your new address.

Good luck
smiley-smile.gif

LouisDobie1890s

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Do you have floor boards in your house?? I popped under mine and pulled the cable through and up with a small hole drilled in the floor boards in the TV room. Job done and v.happy!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts