Sky+ to Plasma - best connection ?

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
I currently connect my Panasonic plasma to a Sky+ box via a bog standard, out of the box, 1 metre SCART to SCART lead, and I'm looking at alternatives which will improve the picture. The Sky+ only has SCART or S-Video output, my plasma has Scart, Component or HDMI input (no S-Video). 1. Am I restricted to using SCART to SCART ? 2. Would I see a noticeable difference by buying a more expensive cable (recommendations please) ? 3. Are there other cable combinations I could use which would give a better quality than Scart to Scart (again if some one could recommend for me) ? Thanks for any advise.

Andy TW

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
SCART to SCART (using RGB) is the best quality option available on Sky+.
A better cable may improve the picture, it depends if the cable you are currently using is degrading the signal between the Sky+ and the TV. The only way to find out is to try a "better" cable. In my experience it is usually worth upgrading the "givaway" cables that come with equipment, but I'll leave recommendations to others as I haven't bought a new SCART cable for around 6 years.
Unless you upgrade to Sky HD (which has component and HDMI connections) then SCART to SCART (using RGB) is the best option. S-video and composite are lower quality than RGB.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Simply put use a QED RGB SQUART, 2 options 1 fully wired to carry sound and video the other video only.
emotion-15.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts