SKY Subscription and BBC TV Licence Fee: Fair or not?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I don't see the licence fee as just for TV - as someone who enjoys a lot of BBC radio that simply wouldn't get made (or certainly not in such excellent depth) by commercial broadcasters, I think it's a fair fee.

Add the wonderful TV dramas and documentaries that provide a true public-service remit (not to mention one of the best news websites going) and the Beeb is worth it, IMHO.

Sky serves a different purpose - more of a high-quality delivery platform than a content provider. Again, worth investing in if you want to enjoy your entertainment in the highest-quality (ie HD) format.

A

Anonymous

I just think it boils down to a matter of choice. If I choose to watch SKY I know that I will have to pay a monthly fee for the priviledge . I have SKY Sports and pay £38.00 a month for it. However I don't have SKY Movies because I chose not to. If I therefore choose not to watch BBC via SKY then there's a mechanism for switching BBC channels off and as such if I don't watch the BBC I should not have to pay for the BBC Licence Fee just because I own a TV.

Besides the BBC should be made to compete with other channels and earn it's revenue via advertising

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts