Sky Sports Not Working

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I know the obvious thing to do is to phone Sky but I am not getting any satelite signal from Sky Sports HD from my box - is anyone else suffering from this ?

Its weird as I am also not getting Sky 1 HD or Sky news HD but I am getting Sky Movies HD and all the other free to air stuff ????

Its snowed here down in Kent but it isnt now plus I am getting other channels ???

Anyone know of any Sky issues ? I am missing the footy !

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Cant see but probably - which would explain it.

Input 1 & 2 are now showing no signal whatsover - says its not locked - whatever that means ?

Anyone know the no for Sky ? I used to have a free 0800 no but its not working anymore.

I have a second box upstairs in the bedroom with a free sat card in it that is working ? Using a quad thingy - or whatever its called.

Very annoying.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
psurquhart said:
Input 1 & 2 are now showing no signal whatsover - says its not locked - whatever that means ?

It means there's no signal.

I have a second box upstairs in the bedroom with a free sat card in it that is working ? Using a quad thingy - or whatever its called.

Running off the same dish? The other one should be working then.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Right - Sky are now telling me its out of warranty - will cost for an engineer visit blah,blah,blah.

Lady did the usual stuff in settings, turning power off reseting etc ... still broken.

Anyone know what fault 29 is ?

I have now lost all listings and even the planner stuff has been wiped - Im guessing its definitely given up the ghost.

Shall I -

A - Grab the HD box from upstairs and set this up/ pair my downstairs card.

or

B - Threaten to cancel my contract - £60 quid a month - be put through to the cancellations team and demand a brand new TB HD box for free. If they say yes, I stay if not Virgin here I come.

What do you reckon - these boxes are always breaking on me. I am not a fan of Virgin but it may well be time to switch if I dont get my way !

Comments please.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
psurquhart said:
A - Grab the HD box from upstairs and set this up/ pair my downstairs card.

Just take the whole thing downstairs and see if it gets a signal, if it does then it's the other box that's kaput, if it doesn't then it's the cables/lnb that have an issue. At least you can narrow down where the fault is.

B - Threaten to cancel my contract - £60 quid a month - be put through to the cancellations team and demand a brand new TB HD box for free. If they say yes, I stay if not Virgin here I come.

What do you reckon - these boxes are always breaking on me. I am not a fan of Virgin but it may well be time to switch if I dont get my way !

That's your call, I've never had a box break, my dish fell off the wall a few weeks ago (it was ten years old and the arm rusted through), I had to pay the £65 call out charge and for that they replaced the dish, arm and lnb, which is actually pretty good value, if my local independent had done the job it would have been twice that just for the parts (they were good enough to tell me that themselves).

If you go with Virgin you can obviously switch your internet connection and get much faster download speeds (presumably), which may be worth considering.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts