Sky says "something magical" is coming tomorrow, and here's what it could be

sjmleicester

Oct 6, 2021
Visit site
As a guess

'Magical' hints at Disney

Possibly a one year free trial same as Discovery+?

Guess they must be losing customers hand over fist at the moment given how much content they have lost recently.

An update to the Sky Q box removing the need for a dish

An upgrade to the mini boxes allowing them to show 4k content as well, given they are so far behind Apple TV, Google TV and Amazon Firestick in this respect

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
"An upgrade to the mini boxes allowing them to show 4k content as well, given they are so far behind Apple TV, Google TV and Amazon Firestick in this respect "

Sky was the first on the scene, and have to deal with Legacy service. Unless you have something higher than 43" you are unlikely to notice the difference with 4k that much as I have found, what is the point of 8k? or even 12k which the latest HDMI specification allows?

bristollinnet

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Nobody - and I mean NOBODY - records stuff anymore. The ability to record 1,000 hours of content is completely irrelevant and would only demonstrate that Sky and their box manufacturer are stuck in the noughties.

I gave up on Sky decades ago and it was the best decision I ever made.

sjmleicester

Oct 6, 2021
Visit site
"An upgrade to the mini boxes allowing them to show 4k content as well, given they are so far behind Apple TV, Google TV and Amazon Firestick in this respect "

Sky was the first on the scene, and have to deal with Legacy service. Unless you have something higher than 43" you are unlikely to notice the difference with 4k that much as I have found, what is the point of 8k? or even 12k which the latest HDMI specification allows?

I have got a decent 55” Panasonic Oled TV is the lounge and 4K content with HDR does stand out noticeably

sjmleicester

Oct 6, 2021
Visit site
Nobody - and I mean NOBODY - records stuff anymore. The ability to record 1,000 hours of content is completely irrelevant and would only demonstrate that Sky and their box manufacturer are stuck in the noughties.

I gave up on Sky decades ago and it was the best decision I ever made.
Another completely inaccurate sweeping statement. Well I do and I expect many others with Sky boxes do

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS