Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
Not sure how will that make a difference. I would trust your Panasonic to do a better job at upscaling than the Sky box.

yeah sure, I was just wandering if it did. Not upgraded for this anyway, looking forward to the ability to record 6 and watch a 7th. Also, will be upgrading to an OLED in 2018 and wil have some more 4k content, albeit not native! I’ve also got my eyes on an oppo 203 in readiness and I’m hoping I’ll be sorted. Hoping also, Denon release the DV firmware for my X6200!

The VT and 3313Ud will replace the 46” panny PDP and CA dvd in our bedroom!

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So had the installation yesterday with 2tb box in the living room and 2 muliti room box’s in the bedrooms.

First impresssions are very good and you can set the picture to 1080i, 1080p and 4k if you have a compatible tv. I must say there is a clear increase in picture quality with 1080p on my VT, it’s really really good!

Still getting used to the UI, so feedback on this later. However, the box’s are very responsive and quick searching through all of the menus. It even works with my harmony touch remote, after I’d searched the Logitech website for the correct model and device.

Well worth the upgrade even for the 1080p die hard fans!

Samd

bigboss said:
Not sure how will that make a difference. I would trust your Panasonic to do a better job at upscaling than the Sky box.

With Sky Q, I can't see how you can ask it to pass according to source so as to allow the TV to upscale. The only options I know of are to select output @ 'i', 'p' or 4k. If you select 'p' and Sky is transmitting a 4k film it will be downscaled?

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
sky still broadcast at 1080i...never have at 1080p...So its all smoke and mirrors.even the UHD is compressed that looks as good as when the BBC started HD way back in 2006.I had sky Q for a year..then got rid,the world has moved on.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered another mini box for our games room, and that’s 4 box’s now including the main master sky q box. Very disappointed that the mini box only goes up to 1080p, and can only watch 4k on the main box. Was looking forward to watching the World Cup in 4k on our LG Tv in the games room, but I’ll have to move that into the lounge and move the plasma into the games room FFS!

Also, you can only have 2 mini box’s plus the main sky q box playing live tv at once, which shouldn’t be a problem as there is only 3 humans in the house.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts